STAY WITH US

Wednesday 22 May 2019

What Man City boss Pep Guardiola has said about leaving Etihad for Juventus

Reports in Italy last night claimed that Pep Guardiola has agreed a four-year contract to become the new manager of Juventus.
The claims from Radio Sportiva come after the club’s sporting director Fabio Paratici was snapped entering the Palazzo Parigi hotel in Milan, where the Spaniard is staying as part of a charity golf tournament.

It was announced last week that Massimiliano Allegri would not be continuing as Juventus boss next season after five years at the helm in Turin.
In the build up to the 6-0 FA Cup final win over Watford last week, the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss made it crystal clear that he will not be joining Juventus - for now at least.
“How many times do I have to say? I'm not going to go to Juventus, I'm not going to move to Italy,” he said.
"I'm satisfied here, I'm not going anywhere.
“Next season I will be manager of Manchester City I said many times."
After winning a historic domestic treble, it would bizarre for Guardiola to walk away from what he’s assembled now without winning the Champions League or at least giving it everything to do so.
While that didn’t stop him from quitting Bavaria for England in 2016, City’s ultimate ambition is to be successful in Europe and no manager is yet to conquer the competition with the club. Guardiola is now best placed to do so.
“I said before that I know we will be judged at the end on whether we win the Champions League,” he said after he side demolished Javi Gracia’s men at Wembley. “I know unless we do that it will not be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment